Sunday, September 6, 2015

Cool and quiet here this morning.  The kind of Fall morning that I love, only 64 degrees at 10 a.m.  it will warm up later, I'm sure, but for now it's lovely.  I'm nesting like crazy, as I always do this time of year, getting my dyeing done so I can take advantage of drying the fabrics outside.  I think I'll have quite a stash come winter.

This is a little piece I'm working on now.  Using little bits of silk chiffon dyed with Black Cherry, from Dharma.  Some of the pieces in the dye bath are very dark, but this one has turned out a lovely shade of burgundy.  I love it with the oranges and golds.  Perhaps some beading on this one, don't know for sure yet, I'm still moving pieces and colors around.

This is a little birthday card (cloth) made for a friend.  I added a quote from Mary Oliver, written on silk organza and then stitched on.  It was fun to make and she loved it.

Watching a little hummingbird outside my studio window - they're all headed south for the Winter now.  I'll miss them.

Hope you're having a lovely Labor Day weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment