Friday, May 30, 2014



My new jacket, all ready for my trip to Ashland, Oregon for the Design Outside the Lines Retreat.
The main fabric is African vintage indigo dyed cotton, handwoven in strips on a backstrap loom and hand stitched together.   I then added some running stitches after cutting the fabric for the jacket.  The pocket decorations are old (vintage - 30 - 50 years old?? or more??) from Thailand, cut from old, damaged fabrics, and the trim fabric is printed cotton (new) from my local quilting store.

This was fun to make, but I did quite a bit of various hand stitching on it and it ended up being a lot more work than I originally thought it would.  Oh well!  I'm happy with it and will enjoy wearing it this next week at the retreat.

I'll report on the retreat when I return.  New creative ideas, friends, scenery.  What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment